Digicel is a large Telecom Operator covering 33 markets across the Caribbean, Central America, and Oceania regions.
Digicel Panama’s goal was to provide its customers with a personalized and differentiated digital experience through a highly engaging front end mobile application.
Before partnering with LotusFlare, Digicel Panama had a Group-developed self-care app for its customers. The Group app was not customized for Panama, lacked advanced features intended to engage customers and was not stable. As a result, Monthly Active Users (“MAUs”) were steadily decreasing over time. In parallel to a major 4G network investment, Digicel Panama had to dramatically upgrade their digital customer experience.
The ultimate goal is to raise ARPU and reduce churn while providing top-notch customer service.
LotusFlare re-designed and re-built the Android and iOS apps, connected into Digicel’s backend and provided the public cloud infrastructure. The result was a high performance and feature rich digital product for Digicel customers.
- Check data, voice and SMS consumption on a postpaid plan.
- Easily activate and deactivate new plans.
- Top-up using a credit card.
- Top-up or pay account bills for friends and family.
- View the latest news and promotions from Digicel.
- Read, download and pay bills using a credit card in the app.
- Perform total or partial payments to other accounts.
Digicel Panama has seen dramatic results just a few months after launching the enhanced MyDigicel app.
- 8% higher ARPU and 12% lower churn for customers who are active users of the MyDigicel app, compared to customers who do not use the app.
- Average of 20% monthly increase in active users since January 2020.
- Reduced volume of calls to the call center for customers who use the app.